Earlier this year CardieX announced the CONNEQT Pulse – the world’s first customizable dual blood pressure monitor. The health device will make its official debut at CES 2023.
If the name CardieX sounds familiar, that’s because Mobvoi has a collaboration with Australian-based AtCor Medical Inc, a subsidiary of CardieX. To this end they brought a bunch of advanced insights about arterial and heart health to their TicWatch GTH Pro watch. CONNEQT is another subsidiary of CardieX.
Essential reading: Top fitness trackers and health gadgets
CONNEQT Pulse is different from your run-of-the-mill blood pressure monitor. Its claim to fame is that it uses arterial health technology to provide medical-grade heart health metrics from home. This means it can do much more than simply take a persons’ blood pressure.
Impressive range of abilities
Its range of abilities is pretty impressive. The gizmo can capture a wide range of arterial health parameters such as arterial stiffness, central blood pressure (the blood pressure at your heart), pulse pressure, and key indicators of the vascular health of major organs.
The full list is as follows:
- Brachial Systolic Blood Pressure.
- Brachial Diastolic Blood Pressure.
- Central Systolic Blood Pressure: Based on central arterial waveform analysis – a measurement of blood pressure at the heart (the ascending aorta).
- Arterial Age (ArtyAge): A measurement of both Augmentation Pressure (AP) + Heart Rate.
- Exercise Capacity (eCAP): based on the SEVR Index (Subendocardial Viability Index) – an index of myocardial oxygen supply and demand, and other proprietary algorithms.
- Heart Stress (HSX): an index based on proprietary algorithms that measure stress on the heart.
- TruHR: Clinical grade beat-to-beat heart rate – similar to that obtained in a hospital setting.
- Arterial Stiffness Factor (ASF): Based on Augmentation Pressure (AP) – a clinical standard for measuring arterial stiffness, and other proprietary algorithms.
- ARTY Score: A comprehensive heart-health score.
- VitalsRisk: a measurement of central pulse pressure and other proprietary algorithms that measure the vascular health of major organs (the heart, brain, kidneys etc.).
- 7-Day Brachial Blood Pressure Average.
- 30-Day Brachial Blood Pressure Average.
- 7-Day Central Blood Pressure Average.
- 7-Day Arty Score Trend.
- Blood Pressure Variability.
All of this is based on CardieX’s FDA-cleared “gold standard” SphygmoCor central blood pressure technology. This is tech that has been in use for over two decades in various settings. CONNEQT Pulse is the first consumer blood pressure monitor that will incorporate SphygmoCor central aortic waveform technology.
With the CONNEQT smartphone app, users will have the ability to personalize and set the priority of the parameters displayed on Pulse. For instance, a patient with a high risk for Alzheimer’s disease may choose to prioritize the display of central pulse pressure and arterial stiffness.
The device will also let you connect to a physician for remote patient monitoring. Plus it can be used to alert doctors on early warning signs of subclinical cardiovascular disease.
CONNEQT Pulse has been submitted last summer to the FDA for clearance. No word yet on a potential price but the company says the selling price “will be “targeted at consumers, mass-clinician markets, and other significant healthcare channels.“ As far as when you will be able to purchase, this depends on when the company gets the stamp of approval from the FDA.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!