TicWatch Pro 3 firmware update brings a host of improvements
TicWatch Pro 3 is getting a major software update which brings a host of improvements and optimization of the chipset.
The timepiece is the first to pack the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 processor. There are still only a handful of devices with the new chipset although we are expecting more in the near future. A major benefit of the 4100 is in faster and smoother performance. On the TicWatch Pro 3, this is helped by the 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage.
Battery life is a sore point of Google’s operating system. The 4100 chip helps with this as it is less power-hungry. Along with the Suunto 7, TicWatch Pro 3 is one of the best Wear OS device you can purchase today.
Firmware update – H-MR2
Mobvoi says users should soon start to see the highly anticipated H-MR2 update as it has now gone live for the TicWatch Pro 3. The refresh brings lots of improvements, the full details of which can be found below.
Essential reading: Best fitness trackers and health gadgets
To update your watch connect it to the charging dock. Bring your smartphone close. Once a Bluetooth connection has been established the update should begin automatically. You can also update via WiFi.
There is a maneuver that you can try if the watch is not updating. Sometimes repeated clicks on the blue checkmark in System Update can force it through. According to a Reddit thread, 15-20 taps does it.
1. Option to disable the long-press power button to activate Google Assistant.
2. New screen brightness layout. 3. New Weather tile.
4. New theater mode.
5. Supports regular enter and exit the essential mode.
1. Optimized the media volume and the ringtone volume bar’s display to match the actual volume.
2. Optimized the sorting of apps in Mobvoi Launcher.
3. Optimized the sliding smoothness of Mobvoi Launcher.
4. Optimized the accuracy of off-body detection.
5. Improved the performance on Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 platforms.
6. Moved the “OK Google” switch from the watch’s settings menu to the Google assistant settings.
7. Optimized the shutdown charging animation.
8. Updated security patch to 2021-03-05.
1. Fixed the issue that Auto-DND sometimes cannot take effect.
2. Fixed an issue where the screen may not lock when charging.
3. Fixed an issue where the Phone app might disappear in Mobvoi Launcher when pairing with an Android phone.
4. Fixed other discovered bugs.
This is a gradual rollout. Mobvoi is expecting about 30% of watches to receive the update by April 23rd and 100% by April 24th. This is only for the GPS variant of TicWatch Pro 3. The LTE iteration is expected to get the refresh in May or June.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!