Gadgets & Wearables Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We collect your data only to provide you with access to our content. We do not share your personal data with anyone else without your explicit consent to do so. If you wish to unsubscribe from the Services and/or to have us remove your data from our systems, we will do so.
In summary, your anonymity is safe. That is our personal commitment to you as a valued reader. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Controller/we/us (either capitalized or not) –Gadgets & Wearables
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
We are the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
Full name: Marko Maslakovic
Role: Data Protection Manager
Email address: [email protected]
Gadgets & Wearables Ltd
199 Latymer Court
London, W6 7JY, UK
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk). We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us first if you have any specific queries.
Information you have provided us with
We save the information you provide us with in order to send you our Monthly Newsletter and for you to be able to comment or perform other activities on our website. This information includes your name and e-mail address. All our mailings have an unsubscribe option which you can use to opt out of future correspondence.
When commenting, you are not required to fill in the email and website information field. We will retain the information you opted to fill in, including your IP address and the timestamp of the comment on our system. This profile information is only used to identify you as a contributor and will not be made public. Your comment and any data associated with it will remain on this site until we either remove the comment or remove the blog post.
If you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please let us know.
Absolutely no information submitted to us via the comments form, or mailing list will be given out, sold, or distributed to any outside organization. If you are the winner of one of our Giveaways we will need to provide Amazon with your name and address in order to ship the prize. We will also publish the name and broad geographic location of the winner on our website – in order to inform other participants in the Giveaway. We will ask for your permission to do this.
When you contact us via email, we collect contact data from you, such as your name and email address. This information is only used to fulfil the service you have requested or to contact you in regards to your inquiries.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Like most Web sites, we analyse details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access. We use Google Analytics to monitor our website traffic. All data is anonymized including your IP address so the information is not personally identifiable. We use these reports to evaluate aggregate visitor usage so that we can optimise the content, and its marketing, to better meet your needs. This is essential for us to operate this website as a free to use service.
As a safety measures the IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.
We will never pass on your email to third parties. We will never pass on information about you unless we are legally obliged to do so. We will never use any of your data in ways that have unjustified adverse effects on you.
The email address you register with us can be altered at any time by you, this email address can be seen by site administrators. If you opt into our newsletters and Giveaways, you will receive correspondence from us to this email address. You can opt in or out of alerts through your profile settings and via the “unsubscribe” link in newsletters.
We only work with Processing partners such as Mailchimp and Geniuslink who are able to ensure adequate level of protection for your data. Data sent on to Mailchimp for our newsletters will have your explicit GDPR consent. Geniuslink, which we use to link to Amazon products, does not keep records of a click’s full IP address. It also disables pixels on links for EU countries by default.
Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button and Share this button. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Unfortunately, there is no way around this if you wish to share content socially or interact with content we have embedded from a 3rd-party. You can always set your browser to block 3rd-party cookies. Content will still work, but no visitor data will be sent sent to a 3rd-party.
Our website contains some affiliate marketing links, which means we get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships.
- Skimlinks stores Users’ IP addresses, from which they can determine a User’s approximate geographical location (e.g. country or region). They need this information to optimize the links that are created/monetized to suit the geography of the User, and to provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers on the location of users visiting Skimlinks Enabled Sites. They also use IP addresses as part of their efforts to reduce fraud and identify non-human browsing patterns.
- Skimlinks stores information about the device that a User uses to access sites within their Publisher network, such as the browser type, browser version, and type of device. This helps them ensure they can diagnose and fix browser compatibility issues more swiftly, optimize their service to suit the preferred browsing environments, and provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers.
- Skimlinks stores non-identifiable information, using cookies and device identifiers, about the websites within our Publisher network that Users visit, which of their links Users click on, and whether Users make a purchase. This enables them to provide Users with relevant and useful links and advertising to products and/or services in which they are likely to be interested, and to Merchants and Advertisers from whom they are likely to want to buy. Further information regarding the cookies they utilise to collect this information can be found here
- As part of the information available in standard web serving logs, Skimlinks also store sinformation about the referrer, i.e. the website page from which the User linked to the Skimlinks Enabled Site.
- To provide Publishers and Merchants with the Service, Skimlinks collects information on visits and sales on Skimlinks Enabled Sites, including but not limited to order value, products bought, and order identifiers. These are used to help Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers make better marketing and content creation decisions.
- At no time does Skimlinks know who a User is, nor do they make any attempt to try and identify a User.
Other advertising service vendors
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Even though we try our best to monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities if a data breach should occur. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Our cookies do not share any of your personal data with us, and we would never use any information derived from cookies to try to identify anybody.
If you would like to change your data preferences on this Website please visit our Consent management platform.
Browser settings also allow you to choose whether or not to accept cookies or limit certain cookies. You may wish to refer to this guide for information on commonly used browsers. If you use the Service without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Service. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Service may operate as intended.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
If you would prefer that we not collect information that may be used to help determine which advertisements to serve you, you can opt out or change your behavioral advertising cookie preferences by visiting the opt-out page for the Digital Advertising Alliance (U.S. residents and those not in the EU or Canada), the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance(EU residents), or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (Canadian residents).
Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Your mobile operating system may let you opt out from having your information collected or used for interest-based advertising on mobile devices. You should refer to the instructions provided by your mobile device’s manufacturer, but this functionality is usually available in the “Settings” section of your device. You can also stop us from collecting information by turning off data collection for interest-based advertising in our applications or by uninstalling our applications.
How do I disable Monumetric cookies?
For information about opting out of Monumetric Ads and ad serving partners please visit https://www.monumetric.com/privacy-policy/“.
How can I disable Skimlinks cookies?
If you no longer want Skimlinks to store data about the websites you visit, the links you click and the Merchants you buy from, you can simply opt-out here. This will mean Skimlinks will not drop Skimlinks cookies when you browse websites in our Publisher or Merchant network.
Please note: This opt-out facility relies on a cookie being set on your browser. By visiting the link above, you acknowledge that Skimlinks will be setting and maintaining the cookie on your browser in order to recognise you as an opted-out visitor. You must opt-out again if you clear that cookie from your browser (see allaboutcookies.org for more information), use a different internet browser, or use a different computer to access the internet.
Full name: Marko Maslakovic
Role: Data Protection Manager
Email address: [email protected]
Gadgets & Wearables Ltd
199 Latymer Court
London, W6 7JY, UK