Oppo Watch 2 is getting the next version of ColorOS Watch. The third generation of the software slaps on a always-on watch face, more application support, enhanced sleep tracking and more.
The watch was launched at the end of July 2021, about a year and a half after its predecessor. It is quite high-spec featuring the Snapdragon Wear 4100 chip along with a dual operating system. The Chinese smartphone maker is a late entrant to the smartwatch space but it looks to be broadening its scope of products. Oppo Watch 2 is a nice upgrade over the original device. In addition to a faster chip it also adds an SpO2 sensor, better stress tracking, GLONASS support and more.
Essential reading: Oppo Watch 2 vs Oppo Watch – what’s the difference?
Both of these generations run on ColorOS Watch in their domestic market of China. Internationally, they run on WearOS so benefit from Google Pay, Google Assistant, Google Fit and Google Pay. You can pick them up in some countries, such as the UK, although we are yet to see availability in the US.
Now ColorOS Watch is being upgraded to version 3.0 The changes are numerous. Here’s the full change-log:
Changes to user interface
- Option to keep the Watchface Always On, like a physical watch face.
- App icons have a newly redesigned look, similar to ColorOS 12 on phones.
- Added support for instant applications, currently 70 apps in the list of instant apps and growing.
- Added Calendar app.
- Added Digital Car Keys Support for Li Auto Smart Vehicles.
- Added Health Assistant called Fairy, a fairy on your wrist to remind your workouts and work on self-discipline.
- Added Function to remind the user that the Oppo Watch 2 battery has been fully recharged via Battery Health App and notification.
- Bug Fixes and Improved Stability.
- You can now sync your sleeping schedule between your Oppo Watch and Oppo smartphone.
- Sleep Mode 2.0: System will reduce brightness, provide bedtime reminders and sleeping tips for users to help them sleep healthier.
- Sleep Tracking Report: Minor redesign to make the interface cleaner, added heart rate section to monitor your heart rate pattern during sleep.
- Added Support and health data for Junior High School Students.
- Added Tracking for Skiing in the snow.
This is a major software upgrade which brings useful features to Oppo Watch 2 owners in China. It is not clear yet whether the update will also be coming to owners of the first generation device.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!