Owners of the Forerunner 945 LTE will be happy to know Garmin has announced a new Beta firmware that includes the Real Time Stamina feature.
The update changes the software version from 5.07 to 6.04. The new edition comes with a long list of new features and fixes. Here’s the full change-log for those that are interested:
- Added Real Time Stamina feature
- Added Sleep Insights feature
- Added Run/Walk Detection feature
- Added Cross Country Ski power zone editing support
- Added coordinates to navigation menu
- Added Control widget page and bike lights camera settings to support RCT715
- Added ‘Idle Time:’ to activity summary
- Added message when VO2 Max value is stale
- Added prompt to pause media during Wi-Fi sync
- Added UpAhead Navigation Data Field Menu Item
- Improved Daily Suggested Workout phrases
- Updated Heartrate & Power Settings
- Disabled ability to connect to headphones while in airplane mode
- Removed support for WiFi access points which use WEP security
- Changed primary volume name to ‘Internal Storage’ when device is connected to a computer
- Added ability to reset sport specific power zones
- Improvements to media playback reliability
- Fixed issue where the UpAhead data screen was missing labels
- Fixed issue where the activity details page could show interval data without multiple split types
- Removed course-related pages from timer loop when the course ends
- Fixed issue where empty data fields would appear when changing data page layout
- Fixed issue where the Intensity Minutes graph was displaying invalid data
- Prevent overwriting FTP user settings after initial setup
- Prevent showing indoor climb difficulty selection after selecting difficulty scale
- Fixed ordering of HIIT set screen
- Fixed preview of tomorrow’s calendar when there are no more events in the current day
- Fixed crash when climb grading system is not set
- Fixed issue with swim lengths data field displaying incorrect data
- Fixed Auto Distance sub text for Track Run menu option
- Moved muscle diagram to workout preview loop
- Fixed issue where the timer loop would change pages during navigation
- Fixed crash when deleting PacePro plan
- Fixed no LTHR when using running HR zones
- Fixed breathing visualizer workout behavior
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Of course, the first item on this list is the one that grabbed our interest. It is the Stamina feature that was included on the Fenix 7 line and Epix 2 earlier this year. This also came as part of the feature-set of the newly released Forerunner 955.
Essential reading: Top fitness trackers and health gadgets
The idea of Stamina is to let you know, in real-time, how much gas you have left in the tank while running. That way you can pace your effort so that you can keep going strong until the finish line.
Unfortunately, there is no sight of the other new features that came with the Forerunner 955. Most notably, this includes Training Readiness and HRV Status. It looks like the wait for these continues.
The 6.04 is still in Beta so you will need to download it manually in order to install it on your watch. Garmin has said it will soon add the Forerunner 945 LTE to devices that come with the new Beta Programme. That one automatically downloads Beta software to your watch via Garmin Connect.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!