The Wear OS H-MR2 update is rolling out to a number Fossil Group watches. This is the software refresh that was announced by Google back in September.
The upgrades include several new features. Amongst these is:
- The ability to turn off Long Press Power Button to activate Google Assistant. This is useful as it helps to prevents accidental button presses.
- The ability to set the screen off time limit.
- A new screen brightness layout.
- The Tile limit has been increased to more than 5 tiles. The maximum now is 10 tiles.
- The Theater/Cinema Mode stays enabled. This means you can turn your watch on to do something and it will return to being a black screen until you press the Power Button again.
- The Weather forecast has a new look.
There are also some improvements to performance. Hopefully your watch should feel snappier. Bootup time should also be faster now.
According to a Reddit mega-thread, there are only reports of Fossil Group watches getting the Wear OS H-MR2 update. This includes the Fossil Gen 5 Series, Diesel Axial, Skagen Falster 3 and Emporio Armani Smartwatch 3.
The other watch which has received the H-MR2 update is the Suunto 7. It got it back in September, when Google announced it.
The software refresh is currently rolling out globally, so might take some time before it reaches everyone. If it doesn’t update automatically you can initialize it manually. To do this, go to Settings > System > About > System Updates. It’s worth tapping update several times if it doesn’t pop up. The download and installation can take up to an hour so make sure to be patient.
You might need to restart your watch afterwards. Also, an update like this could hit battery life initially. So make sure to recharge your watch fully.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!