Polar has posted info on upcoming enhancements to its Vantage V and M watches.
Essential reading: Top fitness trackers and health gadgets
The revised roadmap follows yesterday’s news of the launch of Polar Ignite. This is an all-around activity tracking device that focuses strongly on overall well-being and recovery. In terms of specs, Ignite sits slightly below the Vantage duo. Nevertheless it comes with some new features, which will also make it to the Vantage V and M watches this Fall.
UPDATE 4.0 (October 2019)
The updates that are coming from Ignite to Vantage V & M include:
- Sleep Plus Stages: provides info on sleep stages along with an overall Sleep Score. You can use this last metric for quick info on whether you’ve had a good night’s rest.
- Nightly Recharge: this is a recovery measurement. It looks into how quickly your autonomic nervous system calmed down during the early hours of your sleep and how well you slept. The info is combined with your daily activity and shows how ready you are for further training.
- Serene breathing exercise: Most watches seem to have the functionality these days. These are guided breathing sessions to calm your body and mind down.
Other improvements as part of this update.
- Support for Galileo/QZSS/BeiDou. This should improve the stability and accuracy of GPS on your watch.
- Fitness Test (works with wrist-based heart rate and chest straps).
- Zone Lock during workout.
- Lap details in the training file on your watch.
- Manual stride sensor calibration.
- Constant backlight setting for training
- Inactivity Alerts (long overdue…)
- the usual bugs, fixes and improvements to current features.
UPDATE 5.0 (December 2019)
Vantage V will get Strava Live Segments support while both watches will get Race Pace.
All this is, of course subject to change. The schedule and content for each release are updated as the release time gets closer.
Polar Vantage V & M watches are the most advanced watches in Polar’s history. The upcoming updates will certainly make them even better.
Like this article? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and never miss out!